How long have you been at RaiseMe? A little over a year
What team are you on? I am a part of the Operations team
What brought you to RaiseMe? A former coworker heard about RaiseMe and immediately thought of me, and so she connected me with the team. I wasn’t actively looking for a new role, but I really connected with the team and the mission when I came to interview. The rest is history!
What would your Twitter bio say about you? I’m a California native, and I’ve lived here my entire life. Running is my favorite hobby; I’ve been a runner since I was 14, and I run every day. My other hobbies are reading, styling my hair, baking, and going to concerts.
What’s your favorite thing about working at RaiseMe? I love how collaborative our team is. All of our teams overlap a bit, which is wonderful because you can really see how each individual’s work contributes to the overall mission. It also makes us a very closely-knit company, which makes it fun to come into work every day. (Getting to hang out with the #DogsofRaiseMe is fun, too.)
What sort of interesting challenges have you faced at RaiseMe?
- Bringing in diverse talent.
- Getting the entire company involved in some aspect of recruiting (be that as an interviewer, as a referrer, as a sourcer, or as a networker).
- Creating new interview processes for brand new roles.
- Ensuring that remote candidates have a similar interview experience as candidates who get to meet with us onsite.
What three emojis best describe you TODAY? 😂🙃😳
What three emojis describe you at age 16? 😍😊😇
What’s on your reading list?
- Indebted: How Families Make College Work at Any Cost by Caitlin Zaloom (we’ve started a book club in the office, and this is the first book we’re reading)
- The Myth of the Nice Girl: Achieving a Career you Love without Becoming a Person You Hate by Fran Hauser
- The Gilded Years by Karin Tanabe
What’s your favorite podcast to listen to? The New York Times’ Modern Love podcast is probably the podcast that I have listened to the most consistently, but I also love true crime podcasts. Storytelling podcasts like Sandra and Welcome to Nightvale are fun, too.
What’s your favorite office snack? Aussie Bites! The office is the only place that I’ve ever had them, so I really only associate them with RaiseMe
What’s one college course that you loved? Freshman year, I did a year long course called Structured Liberal Education, which was a residential program that focused on humanities classics. It was a very unusual class (everyone in the class lived together, we all had writing tutors, we had a movie night once a week, and we worked with difference section leaders and TAs each quarter), but I learned so much in that class.
Want to learn more about working at RaiseMe? Email Gloria 😉 or check out our jobs page.