Calling all creative geniuses! We have some exciting news for you: For budding artists, visual designers, photographers, and creators who are considering pursuing an art degree right after high school, there’s now a new way to channel your artistic talents and creative vision with colleges far before applying: micro-scholarships for sharing creative artwork to your RaiseMe portfolio as early as 9th grade.
The California College of the Arts (CCA) wants to see what you’re working on, far before you apply to college as a senior. If you’re a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior, you can now earn $500 micro-scholarships for each multimedia project uploaded to your RaiseMe portfolios (up to 10 projects for a total of $5,000).
If you’re not sure what kind of multimedia would count towards micro-scholarships, here are some examples:
- Painting and Drawing. Have some sketches, watercolors, or oil paintings you worked on as a freshman? A scan or photo of each one will earn you $500 from CCA in your RaiseMe portfolio.
- Sculpture. Whether you consider yourself a contemporary Rodin or have thrown a vase or two on the wheel at your high school, any of your work is fair game to share with colleges like CCA.
- Photography. Lights, camera, action: from landscapes to portraits, you might know that you have a special way of capturing images, moment, and memories with your camera. Help CCA learn about your eye for photography with a few uploads to your RaiseMe portfolio.
- Illustration, Animation, or Graphic Design. Skilled with your tablet and stylus, or often find yourself getting lost in Adobe Creative Suite? Share your animations, illustrations, or graphic designs to your RaiseMe portfolio.
- Interior Design. Do you love reimagining drab spaces into artfully curated sanctuaries? Add a photo (or photos) of your masterpieces and keep track of your progress as you work your way towards becoming the next Jonathan Adler.
It’s easy to start earning for your creative multimedia projects. All you need to do to start is “Follow” California College of the Arts on RaiseMe, and begin adding your work under the “Upload a Project micro-scholarship. Click here for a more detailed overview on how to earn micro-scholarships for you art and media on RaiseMe.
About California College the Arts
California College of the Arts educates students to shape culture and society through the practice and critical study of art, architecture, design, and writing. Benefitting from having two campuses in California’s Bay Area, one in San Francisco and one in Oakland, the college prepares students for lifelong creative work by cultivating innovation, community engagement, and social and environmental responsibility.
Uploading your artwork isn’t the only way to earn micro-scholarships from California College of the Arts — you can also earn micro-scholarships for showcasing strong academic performance, like maintaining a high GPA ($100 for every 0.1 point above a 3.0), taking an AP course ($200 each course), and for perfect attendance ($500 for each year in high school)!
Ready to showcase your talents with colleges on RaiseMe? Click here to begin following the California College of the Arts and begin earning for your work now.