Everything you need to know about college fairs!
Here at RaiseMe, we understand the value of college fairs as a great way to facilitate connections between prospective students and the colleges they are most interested in. In fact, demonstrating interest in a college by attending a college fair is such an important part of the college-going process, that students can actually earn micro-scholarships for taking this step on RaiseMe! In this lesson plan, students will learn how to make the most out of college fairs – through concrete advice from colleges, and interactive worksheets that will leave students feeling more prepared.
Lesson Plan: The Ins and Outs of College Fairs
- Students will conduct research to determine the colleges they would like to visit with at a college fair.
- Students will decide the questions to ask that will give insight into the student experience on that campus.
- College fairs are a great opportunity to learn information about a college that you can’t find online or in a brochure.
- Do research in advance of a college fair to make the most of the in-person time you’ll get with an admissions officer.
- Focus on quality over quantity – identify the handful of colleges at the fair that you are very interested in, based on research, and come prepared with good questions!
Introducing Paving Paths to College: A Curriculum Book by RaiseMe
RaiseMe created an academic year’s worth of lesson plan content for educators, designed to thoughtfully engage high school students of all ages in college readiness activities and build stronger college-going culture in schools. Help put students on the right path towards taking control of their college-going futures by exploring some of our other lesson plans on understanding financial aid, college discovery, and more by downloading the free curriculum guide here.
Have questions or feedback for us, or want to contribute a lesson plan idea or content to our library? Reach out and let us know: email@example.com. To invite students to begin earning micro-scholarships for their academic and extracurricular achievements on RaiseMe, sign into your RaiseMe Educator Portal here.