Final Exam Fortitude: Why Those Final Grades Matter
The only thing standing between you and some well-deserved down time are your final exams and end of the semester projects. Here’s why they can help.
Finally! The end of the semester, and you’re SO CLOSE to wrapping it up. The only thing standing between you and some well-deserved down time are your final exams and end of the semester projects. It can be tempting to start losing steam, but know that making a strong final push can help your GPA stay up, and keep your scholarship earnings keep growing.
You might think, well, I’m pretty close to a B in this course, but I’m happy taking the C and calling it a day. RaiseMe is here to tell you that trying to bump up a letter grade, especially if you are really close, can have a positive impact on a lot of things, like:
- Keeping your GPA up. You will need at least a 2.0 GPA to graduate, and if you are considering transfer the higher your GPA is the more likely you are to be admitted to a four year college.
- Making sure you keep your financial aid. If your GPA dips below a certain threshold your financial aid can be put at risk.
- Making sure you are nailing your prerequisites. Some classes will require that you earn a C or higher in a prerequisite course before you can advance, so taking the D might put you in a difficult spot.
- Eligibility for honors programs: Honors programs and organizations are great ways to build your resume, learn professional skills, and earn scholarships.
- Earning micro-scholarships with RaiseMe: Bumping up to a B, or even an A, can have a huge impact on your scholarship earnings with RaiseMe. A couple hours of studying, or extra tutoring, can get you hundreds of dollars in return!
Make sure to put aside some study time, get some sleep, visit with a tutor, and review your final exam schedule so you are in peak condition to tackle your exams. After you are done (acing them, that is), log your final grades into your RaiseMe portfolio and watch your earnings climb up!
You may also like
National Transfer Student Week 2020: Celebrate With RaiseMe!
Join RaiseMe in celebrating National Transfer Student Week October 19th-23rd. This is a week to celebrate our students, connect them with resources, and to...
Students — Earn Micro-scholarships For Taking Civic Action This Election
This fall, more than 80 colleges and universities on RaiseMe are offering micro-scholarships to community college and high school students for civic engagement...
NEW: Peer Into College Life With CampusReel Videos on RaiseMe
Now on RaiseMe, you can watch videos created by real students to get a true sense of college life and find out what schools are right for you.