VP of Product
San Francisco, CA
What would you do?
At RaiseMe, we imagine the world where every student has an opportunity to realize their college and career ambitions, and we believe that expanded access to education is the foundation of that future. We’re working to empower millions of students to build their personal path to college while making paying for it simpler and more transparent.
Our VP of Product will play a leading role in developing new products and features that help students navigate this pivotal period of their lives. You will be in charge of building a best-in-class Product team to execute rapidly and effectively through ongoing training and coaching efforts, while also developing process and systems that will allow our team to consistently execute at a high level.
This is a role for someone eager to leverage technology to address one of the greatest challenges we face as a country: broadening access to higher education so we can get more students on a path to career and life success.
What will success look like?
You have helped millions of student achieve their educational goals, and transformed the way billions of dollars in aid are distributed.
You have built a world-class team of product managers that lead and inspire their colleagues across the company.
You have propelled the company to achieve ambitious growth, engagement, and revenue goals through our products and features.
You have developed a clear and inspirational roadmap for our company that embodies our mission and meets the needs of our fast-growing student and college community.
You have helped cultivate a strong culture through your leadership and by living our core values on a daily basis.
What skills will you need?
- Demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly consumer products
- 7+ years of Product Management experience, with 3+ years of growing, managing and inspiring a team to greatness
- Expertise in product management best practices including product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, product development process, effort estimation, and resource management.
- Must be data and metrics-driven, and have an ability to tie product activities to metrics, such as customer adoption, product usage, or revenue, that help move the business forward.
- Proven track record managing complex projects
- Excellent communication skills a must with proven ability to pitch vision and strategy as well as build successful relationships with executives, stakeholders, and engineering counterparts.
- Ability to thrive under ambiguity and make decisions with incomplete data. Know how to solve for speed, and right balance to strike between agility and perfection.
- Ability to understand the technical underpinnings of products and different engineering tradeoffs
- Ability to drive team culture, including leading the charge, providing leadership feedback, and managing aggressive schedules
- Fluent in language of marketing as it relates to performance measurement, ROI, and analysis
RaiseMe launched nationally in the fall of 2014 as a social enterprise focused on expanding access to higher education, especially among low-income and first-generation students and has helped students earn $1 billion in scholarships for college. Starting as early as 9th grade, RaiseMe enables students to earn scholarships throughout high school as they meet the goals that best prepare them to succeed. Whether that’s getting good grades, volunteering in the community, or joining an extracurricular, on RaiseMe students are rewarded by colleges for being motivated, driven and committed to success. Students at 1 out of 2 high schools across America have signed up to earn micro-scholarships from a diverse set of over 225 colleges and universities, including Arizona State University, Oberlin College, University of Rochester, Northeastern, Tulane and Georgia Tech.