San Francisco, CA
San Francisco or remote
This is a contract role with the possibility to convert to full-time.
Who are we?
At RaiseMe, we imagine a world where every student has an opportunity to realize their college and career ambitions, and we believe that expanded access to education is the foundation of that future. By partnering with colleges to offer incremental “micro-scholarships” to reward students individual academic and extracurricular progress throughout high school, we aim to empower millions of students to build their personal path to college, while making paying for it clearer and more transparent. More than 1.8 million students have earned micro-scholarships for college on RaiseMe to-date, and we’ve only just begun.
Our team is made up of a group of scrappy, creative, solution-oriented thinkers and doers who are passionate about transforming students’ paths to higher education for the better.
The ideal candidate is a creative, solution-oriented visual designer with 4+ years of experience working cross-functionally to produce high impact creative assets, and a desire to work in social responsibility and solve problems in higher education.
What will you do?
- You will be a key figure in shaping the direction of brand design for a rapidly growing organization. You will contribute creative solutions to communicate complex ideas in compelling and effective digital and print formats.
- Design, develop and maintain branded templates including website, slide decks, sales enablement collateral, print brochures and posters, case studies, whitepapers, infographics, HTML emails, email signatures, advertisements and event/trade show signage among others.
- Take ideas from concept to execution: use a startup mindset and full range of visual design skills to support every aspect of the creative production process, ranging from ideation to launch.
- Work with a talented design team consisting of designers from LinkedIn and Google and partner with the marketing team and other relevant stakeholders to support the development and maturation of RaiseMe’s brand identity and vision.
- Develop visual solutions for a broad range of materials aimed at a variety of target audiences.
- You will apply your expertise in building out brand guidelines and component library guidelines to help shape our visual brand as represented across channels.
Who are you?
- You have 4+ years of extensive experience design and illustration experience creating high quality, compelling creative digital and print assets for brands.
- You are proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) and Sketch (required); After Effects and Premiere Pro a plus.
- You enjoy designing marketing materials across multiple formats and delivery channels and screen sizes (mobile, tablet, and desktop), print, video, large format, experiential, social media, etc.
- You are excited about building the visual identity for a brand to engage a wide range of audiences, including high school and college students, parents, educators, and higher education administrators.
- You have experience working with brand guidelines and have the skills to work creatively within existing guidelines and help to shape brand identity.
- You have excellent oral and written communication as well as presentation skills
- You have strong time management capabilities and can tackle multiple projects of varying scopes from start to finish to meet both stakeholder and deadline expectations.
- You have the ability to receive and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients.
- You have a working knowledge of digital design best practices and keep up-to-date on design trends.
- You work well in a collaborative team environment while demonstrating independent initiative and follow-through in accepting and applying feedback from stakeholders.
- Familiarity with user interface design a plus
- Experience in video editing and production a plus
What are the other benefits?
Be a part of the storyline in the evolution of a fast-growth social impact organization. Join a highly collaborative and cross-functional team within a growing startup. Have an impact on the business and help build the future of ed-tech. Go to work every day knowing that you’re building brand for a product that will narrow the achievement gap and enable more students to achieve their college and career ambitions.