Vice President of Partner Success
San Francisco, CA
VP of Partner Success
The VP of Partner Success will lead all aspects of client retention and satisfaction. They will work closely with the VP of Sales on client expansion and cross-sales. The role reports to Preston Silverman, RaiseMe Co-Founder and CEO.
Who are we?
At RaiseMe, we imagine a world where every student has an opportunity to realize their college and career ambitions, and we believe that expanded access to education is the foundation of that future. The college financing landscape today is broken for millions of students and families, and RaiseMe is working to transform the way students and families access billions of dollars in scholarships and financial aid. By partnering with colleges to award students scholarships throughout high school in real time for their individual academic and extracurricular progress, we are empowering millions more students to realize their college ambitions.
To date, over 1.8 million students, in 3 out of every 4 high schools across the country, have used RaiseMe to earn scholarships from nearly 300 (& counting) colleges and universities. In all, students have earned over $4 billion through RaiseMe.
RaiseMe is a mission-driven, venture-backed startup based in San Francisco, CA and has raised $30M in capital from Redpoint, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Teamworthy Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Owl Ventures, and First Round Capital.
What will success look like for you at RaiseMe?
- You've helped build a category-defining company that enables millions of students to achieve their potential and fulfill their college ambitions, and transforms the way billions of dollars in financial aid are distributed each year.
- University leaders, partner organizations, and your team have come to depend on you as a trusted advisor.
- You’ve implemented strategies that help the Partner Success team expand the reach and success of their portfolio of College and University Partners, while delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- You've learned a ton, met amazing people, developed your skills, and had a life-shaping experience.
What would you do?
- Develop and execute strategies with a talented team to strengthen and our college partnerships, while also growing revenue as we build a large, impactful business.
- Deliver inspirational leadership so that your team is highly motivated and engaged. Serve as a role model of company values, and consistently raise the bar for what we strive to achieve as an organization.
- Shape partner onboarding process and ongoing communication strategy, support rolling out new products, and build metrics to track partner success.
- Drive program expansions and renewals across the team, actively participating in client conversations and assisting in negotiation and deal closing when needed.
- Stay abreast of industry events and trends in Higher Education and Student Success; use that knowledge to craft initiatives that are tuned in to our Partners' needs and goals. Deepen the Partner Success team's understanding of our Partners' challenges, and work with them to deliver strategic solutions.
- Consult Senior Execs at Colleges and Universities across the country to discover their needs, working to achieve university enrollment, admissions, and access goals set by the President or University leadership. Ensure RaiseMe is highly visible and well positioned in the marketplace.
- Bring valuable insight from past experiences in shaping customer success processes to scale the team efficiently and effectively as our client base expands.
- Based on you deep knowledge of our partners’ needs, work with the Senior Leadership team to identify opportunities where we can expand and improve our product offering.
Who we're looking for:
Our Partner Success team includes individuals from diverse backgrounds, including consulting, education, banking, and tech. You have several years of experience in customer success and/or business development under your belt, and might have a Master's or MBA. Experience in higher ed consulting, enrollment management, or university leadership is highly desired.
You have a track record of driving revenue in a high growth, performance-oriented organization and are hungry to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment. This position is a senior leadership role, so you may have experience managing multiple layers of reports.
This job might be for you if you're:
- A leader: You step up to the plate to guide your team, identifying clear goals that will be challenging, yet achievable. You are passionate about the cause, and are able to rally everyone around you
- Mission-Driven: You want to use your talents to make the world a better place and you're in a rush to do it. You have likely worked in education or edtech in the past, and have a deep connection to the RaiseMe mission
- Team-first: You encourage collaboration. While you are ambitious, you prioritize the company's success above your own self interest. You show trust by delegating
- Strategic: You think about the big picture and identify patterns to set the team on a course for success
- Empathetic: You can put yourself in the shoes' of your direct reports and deliver constructive criticism. You empower your team members to make decisions and ask questions that will help them do their jobs better
- Data-Driven: You use data and testable hypotheses to make decisions and improve your results over time
- Resourceful: You're a self-starter who brings your ideas to life and takes pride in results. You find ways to get things done regardless of the obstacles.
- A Talented Communicator: You enjoy communicating with people and have a strong awareness of those around you. You are thoughtful about the ways you communicate and the impact that may have on a client or a member of your team