Vice President of Finance
San Francisco, CA
We’re hiring a VP of Finance to continue building out our internal finance function. This position reports directly to the CEO.
At RaiseMe, we imagine a world where every student has an opportunity to realize their college and career ambitions, and we believe that expanded access to education is the foundation of that future. By partnering with colleges to offer incremental “micro-scholarships” to reward students individual academic and extracurricular progress throughout high school, we aim to empower millions of students to build their personal path to college, while making paying for it clearer and more transparent.
We’re focused on ensuring that all students have the opportunity to achieve their college and career ambitions. We have had over 1.8 million students on our platform, are in 3 out of every 4 high schools across the country, and have partnered nearly 300 (& counting) colleges and universities. In all, students have earned over $4 billion through RaiseMe (averaging $22,500 annually over their four years in college)! RaiseMe is a venture-backed Series B startup based in San Francisco, CA and has raised capital from Redpoint, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Teamworthy Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Owl Ventures, and First Round Capital.
What would you do?
- Oversee our Finance and Accounting organization, building a high-performing team and creating opportunities for growth for team members
- Lead future fundraising processes and the evaluation of strategic opportunities with our CEO and leadership team
- Direct financing strategies, analysis, forecasting, compliance, and budget management
- Partner with cross-functional teams to build processes and accountability as the business grows and scales (such as pricing and/or go-to-market strategy for new products, budgeting for headcount or new vendors, 409A valuation, etc.)
- Lead annual and quarterly strategic planning and capital allocation exercises
- Direct daily technical and financial accounting activities and functions of the company
- Supervise our cash management opportunities; develop and maintain short-term tactical cash forecasts, as well as a long-term strategic forecast plan
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Lead preparation and process for our first audit, and maintain rigorous external and internal reporting for stakeholders ranging from board members to team members
Who we are looking for:
For the VP of Finance role, we are looking for someone with 10+ years of experience (including SaaS and/or education experience). You will have been familiar with scaling revenue, and have had experience in growth-stage companies of 50 - 300 people. Our leadership team includes individuals from diverse backgrounds, including banking, consulting, education, and tech. We are looking for candidates who are hungry to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment and who have a proven track record of success in their past roles and experiences.
- 10+ years of FP&A and Accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree; CPA nice to have
- Executive-level problem-solving, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Previous director level experience (VP-level experience a plus)
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Quickbooks or NetSuite experience
- Capital markets experience
- Project budgeting and ROI experience
Nice to have: Startup and/or high-growth experience; familiarity with education or edtech industries.
Some of the tools we use: Excel, Google Sheets, Salesforce, Chartio, SaaSOptics, Quickbooks, Bill.com.
What will success look like for you at RaiseMe?
- You will have built and scaled an internal finance function at RaiseMe, and your team will have contributed to key milestones around revenue growth, new product launches, reporting, and cash collection.
- You will have helped millions of students to achieve their potential and fulfill their college ambitions. The product and company you have helped build transform the way billions of dollars in financial aid are distributed each year.
- You will have helped build a category-defining company and have an attractive equity stake.
- You will have learned a ton, met amazing people, developed your skills, and had a life-shaping experience.