Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
What would you do?
- Showcase your skills: We’re tackling a complex and challenging problem, and we’re looking for people who learn quickly and enjoy experimenting with new technologies and techniques.
- Envision new solutions: Bring new ideas and elegant solutions to complex challenges. Think beyond the immediate task-at-hand to influence the future of the company.
What will success look like?
- Millions of students use our platform to achieve their educational goals. Our product transforms the way billions of dollars are distributed each year.
- Your team loves you and new employees look to you for guidance and mentorship.
- You’ve helped build a category-defining company and have an attractive equity stake.
- You’ve learned a ton, met amazing people, developed your skills, and had a life-shaping experience.
This job is for you if you’re:
- Curious: You constantly question the way the world works and aren’t scared to think big about how we can improve it.
- Mission-Driven: You want to use your talents to make the world a better place and you’re in a rush to do it.
- A Maker: You love building awesome stuff. You bring your ideas to life and take pride in your craftsmanship. You’re resourceful and find ways to get things done.
- Not Fearful of Failure: You view failure as a step closer to figuring out what works. Taking on a huge, complex challenge excites you, even if you have no idea where to begin.
- A Talented Hacker: You’ve developed in high- & low-level languages for several years. You may have mastered a stack but you’re confident you can take on others. You ship.
What skills will you need?
- 5+ years of professional experience (or equivalent) designing and developing distributed, cross-platform software applications using relevant technologies
- Experience with distributed web-based systems and service-oriented architecture
- Nice To Haves: Chef, BASH, AWS proficiency, Golang, Node.js, Redis, APIs (internal and external), Postgres, AWS Redshift.
At RaiseMe, we're focused on ensuring that all students have the opportunity to achieve their college and career ambitions. We're looking for passionate, high-achievers who want to build a company that will help millions of students. If that's you, join our team!