Senior Product Designer
At RaiseMe, we're focused on ensuring that all students have the opportunity to achieve their college and career ambitions. We're looking for passionate, high-achievers who want to build a company that will help millions of students. If that's you, join our team!
What will you do?
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers on defining problems, features, and requirements
- Define and communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale, and the specifics of your user-centric design process
- Solicit input, ideas, and feedback from many different stakeholders to deliver designs that achieve both business and user objectives
- Work with web developers and engineers to deliver final products
- Take ideas from concept to launch: Use your startup mindset and full range of product design skills to support every aspect of the development process, from brainstorming new solutions, to prototyping, to launching effective and elegant products.
- Design across multiple platforms including Web, Mobile Web, and iOS native
Who are you?
- 3+ years of experience in user experience design or industry experience (corporate, software, web, or agency)
- Experience participating in the complete product development lifecycle of web and/or software applications
- Solid understanding of user-centered and web design principles
- Able to present cohesive design approaches to a non-design audience (including business, product, and technology teams)
- Able to create information-architecture diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and screen flows
- Able to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks, and work within deadlines with little supervision
- Able to grasp multiple product requirements with careful attention to detail
What will success look like?
- Millions of students use our platform to achieve their educational goals. Our product transforms the way billions of dollars are distributed each year.
- Your team loves you and new employees look to you for guidance and mentorship.
- You’ve helped build a category-defining company and have an attractive equity stake.
- You’ve learned a ton, met amazing people, developed your skills, and had a life-shaping experience.
This job is for you if you’re:
- Collaborative: You love working with others and mentoring your team members. You believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Curious: You constantly question the way the world works and aren’t scared to think big about how we can improve it.
- Mission-Driven: You want to use your talents to make the world a better place and you’re eager to do it.
- A Maker: You love building awesome stuff. You bring your ideas to life and take pride in your craft. You’re resourceful and find ways to get things done.
- Not Fearful of Failure: You view failure as a step closer to figuring out what works. Taking on a huge, complex challenge excites you, even if you have no idea where to begin.