Full Stack Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
What would you do?
- Showcase your skills: We’re tackling a complex and challenging problem, and we’re looking for people who learn quickly and enjoy experimenting with new technologies and techniques.
- Envision new solutions: Bring new ideas and elegant solutions to complex challenges. Think beyond the immediate task-at-hand to influence the future of the company.
What will success look like?
- Millions of students use our platform to achieve their educational goals. Our product transforms the way billions of dollars is distributed each year.
- Your team loves you and new employees look to you for guidance and mentorship.
- You’ve helped build a category-defining company and have an attractive equity stake.
- You’ve learned a ton, met amazing people, developed your skills, and had a life-shaping experience.
This job is for you if you’re:
- Curious: You constantly question the way the world works and aren’t scared to think big about how we can improve it.
- Mission-Driven: You want to use your talents to make the world a better place and you’re in a rush to do it.
- A Maker: You love building awesome stuff. You bring your ideas to life and take pride in your craftsmanship. You’re resourceful and find ways to get things done.
- Not Fearful of Failure: You view failure as a step closer to figuring out what works. Taking on a huge, complex challenge excites you, even if you have no idea where to begin.
- A Talented Hacker: You’ve done professional development for a commercial web application for at least a couple of years. You enjoy the challenge of translating business requirements into user-facing, well-coded implementations.
What skills will you need?
- 2+ years of professional experience (or equivalent) designing and developing distributed, cross-platform software applications using relevant technologies
- Ruby on Rails (or equivalent MVC experience)
- Nice To Haves: MongoDB, Chef, BASH, AWS proficiency, Golang, Node.js, Redis, APIs (internal and external), Postgres, AWS Redshift.