Finance & Accounting Specialist
What would you do?
- Own the AR process and scale it as the Company grows in revenue & operations; oversee each step from order creation and revenue recognition to sending invoices
- Manage timely communication with clients & cash collection; ensure we’re streamlining processes with various supplier requirements from our partners
- Assist in managing contract renewals with the Partner Success team & consistent data entry in order to support a robust revenue recognition & forecasting operation
- Learn the in’s & out’s of the business in order to improve internal & external-facing processes, streamline &/or automate workflows, update internal documentation, and help QA data entry
- Own & develop workflows through Salesforce, SaaSOptics, Quickbooks, and Chartio; refine reporting through these tools to reflect business KPIs
- Support our accounting team in preparing EOM & EOY financial closes
- Contribute to building a scalable internal finance function overall; roll up your sleeves to assist with internal company finance where needed (from internal AP to employee reimbursement processes)
Who we're looking for:
You will likely have 3-5 years of experience in Order to Cash management & financial analysis. Our team includes individuals from diverse backgrounds, including banking, consulting, education, and tech. We are looking for candidates who are hungry to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment and who have a proven track record of success in their past roles and experiences.
This job might be for you if you're:
- Highly attentive to detail: You know details count and that no task is too small. You build trust quickly due to your precision and reliability.
- Thoughtful and strategic: You have a structured way of thinking. You grasp the big picture and can move quickly to synthesize the operational details.
- A talented communicator: Abraham Lincoln has nothing on you. You can distill detailed information into high-level, easy-to-understand concepts to be shared with senior execs & cross-functional peers, in order to help inform the business.
- Curious: You constantly question the way the world works and aren't scared to think big about how we can improve it.
- A resourceful, self-starter: You don't hesitate to jump into the trenches and learn the business from the ground up. You bring your ideas to life and take pride in results. You find ways to get things done regardless of the obstacles.
- Mission-driven: You want to use your talents to make the world a better place and you're in a rush to do it. Bonus points if you have worked in an innovative education organization or edtech before.
- Not fearful of failure: You view failure as a step closer to figuring out what works. Taking on a huge, complex challenge excites you, even if you don't know where to begin.
- Hungry: You're eager to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment and have a proven track record of success in your past roles and experiences.
What will success look like?
- You’ve contributed to building a strong internal finance function around order creation, revenue recognition, invoicing, and cash collection to impact the run rate & profitability of the company
- You’ve implemented wildly successful processes that scale our company and leave a lasting mark on how the business is run
- You've become a trusted colleague and advisor to senior leadership across the company
- You've helped build a category-defining company that enables millions of students to achieve their potential and fulfill their college ambitions, and transforms the way billions of dollars in financial aid are distributed each year
- You've learned a ton, met amazing people, developed your skills, and had a life-shaping experience
RaiseMe launched nationally in the fall of 2014 as a social enterprise focused on expanding access to higher education, especially among low-income and first-generation high school students, and has helped students earn $1 billion in scholarships for college. Starting as early as 9th grade, RaiseMe enables students to earn scholarships throughout high school as they meet the goals that best prepare them to succeed. Whether that’s getting good grades, volunteering in the community, or joining an extracurricular, on RaiseMe students are rewarded by colleges for being motivated, driven, and committed to success. Students at 1 out of 2 high schools across America have signed up to earn micro-scholarships from a diverse set of over 250 colleges and universities.