We're a small collaborative team who works closely across functions to bring new ideas and elegant solutions to complex challenges. We're nimble, continuously raising the bar and we love using data to make the best decisions.
We’re pursuing a complex and meaningful problem, and we’re looking for people who learn quickly and enjoy experimenting with new technologies and techniques. We're building something big here using rich data sets, game mechanics and innovative thinking.
Our values are imbued in everything we do: Be Inclusive, Be A Scientist, Raise The Bar, Always Be Improving, Lead With Humility; and Take the Keys.
Do you want to help us reinvent how students access aid for education?
What is the role?
You’ll be leading and growing a team of 5-6 engineers to build engaging features to motivate students and help educators drive student success. We’re a fast growing team and are looking for someone who both brings experience in highly scalable distributed web applications, yet is innovative and results-driven. You’ll be working closely with product and design and other teams to make features that will make a real difference to students.
Our techstack includes Rails, React, Mongo, AWS, Golang, Node.js but your experience may include other related technologies across the stack.
Who are you?
You’re part mentor, part architect and part scrum master. We like to have managers maintain a technical role alongside our senior engineers in addition to managing and growing their careers. You’ll bringing most of the below experience:
- You’ve managed a team of engineers for 2+ years.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- You’re passionate about and evangelize clean code and good practices such as CI/CD and TDD
- You have mastery of software development principles including SOLID, clean code, design patterns and architectural design patterns.
- You have a good to strong proficiency with OOP languages and SPA frameworks.
- You enjoy coaching, inspiring and growing a diverse team of passionate engineers.
- Bonus: experience with cloud services (SNS, SQS, Lambda, RDS, Step Functions, etc)
This job is for you if you’re:
- Collaborative: You love working with others and mentoring your team members. You believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Curious: You constantly question the way the world works and aren’t scared to think big about how we can improve it.
- Mission-Driven: You want to use your talents to make the world a better place and you’re in a rush to do it.
- A Maker: You love building awesome stuff. You bring your ideas to life and take pride in your craft. You’re resourceful and find ways to get things done.
- Not Fearful of Failure: You view failure as a step closer to figuring out what works. Taking on a huge, complex challenge excites you, even if you have no idea where to begin.
- A Leader: You enjoy seeing others grow and view their success as your success. You may be growing your own leadership skills, but you’re loving every minute of the journey.
At RaiseMe, we're focused on ensuring that all students have the opportunity to achieve their college and career ambitions. We're looking for passionate, high-achievers who want to build a company that will help millions of students. If that's you, we'll want you to join our team.
Our platform allows colleges and universities to award incremental "micro-scholarships" to high school and community college students, based on academic, testing, extra-curricular, and real-world experience. Many of our students earn tens-of-thousands of dollars for college. The coolest part of our platform is how it educates students about the possibility of college in the first place.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.