EA & Operations Associate
Who are we?
At RaiseMe, we imagine a world where every student has an opportunity to realize their college and career ambitions, and we believe that expanded access to education is the foundation of that future. By partnering with colleges to offer incremental “micro-scholarships” to reward students individual academic and extracurricular progress throughout high school, we aim empower millions of students to build their personal path to college, while making paying for it clearer and more transparent. More than 1.4 million students have earned micro-scholarships for college on RaiseMe to-date, and we’ve only just begun.
What will success look like for you at RaiseMe?
- You've helped build a category-defining company that enables millions of students to achieve their potential and fulfill their college ambitions, and transforms the way billions of dollars in financial aid are distributed each year
- You've learned a ton, met amazing people, developed your skills, and had a life-shaping experience
- You’ve helped to build an amazing, mission-driven team
- You've become a trusted colleague and advisor to the CEO, Operations team, and senior leadership
- You’ve cultivated a positive office environment, shaped successful People Ops processes, and contributed to a team that values its people above all
What would you do?
Our EA & Operations Associate will play a role in shaping the future of RaiseMe by supporting our CEO, keeping our office running like a tight ship, and supporting with recruiting scheduling. You will be an internal and external representative of our values and mission.
The EA & Operations Associate’s week will look like:
- Executive administrative support to our CEO (40%)
- Office operations & team experience (35%)
- Recruiting coordination (25%)
In office 5 days a week (& for team events) to oversee office and external guests.
- Own our CEO’s dynamic calendar: work with the CEO to prioritize his time, adjust meetings as the business week evolves, and balance external & internal commitments with a high level of discretion
- Ensure CEO’s onsite meetings at the RaiseMe office are supported appropriately & that he is supported with any travel, logistics, or briefing materials; serve as a liaison between the CEO and external individuals to maintain smooth call and meeting operations
- Assist with recruiting coordination by scheduling all onsite interviews, assisting with scheduling for other interview stages as required by open headcount priorities, and communicating in a clear & timely manner with candidates
- Oversee office systems and supply orders within the Company’s budget, and manage vendor relationships (ZeroCater, Bay Area Cleaning, Managed by Q, Recology, Bay Alarm, Landlord, PeerSpace, TaskRabbits as needed)
- Ensure office is tidy & systems are tight -- welcome guests, do a morning &/or afternoon sweep of the office
- Identify, research & recommend systems that allow the Company to scale efficiently & set team members up for success in how we work together (e.g. conference room setup, AV systems, tools to increase collaboration or transparency)
- Assist with researching, planning, and executing events in the office
- Occasionally support the Operations team with conference logistics and booking travel for team members; execute administrative tasks with high attention to detail and organization
- Take on additional special admin projects based on executives’ or company’s needs, such as helping with CEO’s expenses, helping research new project or meeting ideas, and preparing pre-meeting briefing materials
This job might be for you if you’re:
- Energetic and love people: You have a high-energy, company first, positive attitude. You are great with people, genuinely care about building relationships, and seek out the right tools to support your team.
- Hungry: You're eager to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment and have a proven track record of success in your past roles and experiences.
- Highly attentive to detail: You know details count and that no task is too small. You build trust quickly due to your precision and reliability.
- A resourceful, self-starter: you don't hesitate to jump into the trenches and learn the business from the ground up. You bring your ideas to life and take pride in results. You find ways to get things done regardless of the obstacles.
- A talented communicator: When you're passionate about a cause, you're able to rally everyone around you. You are able to push back on a variety of stakeholders (including your boss or other company leaders) in order to protect our CEO’s time or suggest ways to make processes work more smoothly & efficiently.
- A talented juggler: Multi-tasking is a breeze for you. You have a knack for anticipating needs and pitfalls, and you prioritize your time effectively.
- Open to trying new things: You constantly question the way the world works and aren't scared to think big about how we can improve it. When you have a lot on your plate, you aren’t afraid to ask questions or ask for help prioritizing.
- Mission-driven: You want to use your talents to make the world a better place and you're in a rush to do it. Bonus points if you have worked in an innovative education organization or edtech before.
We’re looking for candidates that have at least 1-2 years of work experience.