Director of B2B Marketing
Who are we?
At RaiseMe, we imagine a world where every student has an opportunity to realize their college and career ambitions, and we believe that expanded access to education is the foundation of that future. By partnering with colleges to offer incremental “micro-scholarships” to reward students individual academic and extracurricular progress throughout high school, we aim to empower millions of students to build their personal path to college, while making paying for it clearer and more transparent. More than 1.6 million students have earned micro-scholarships for college on RaiseMe to-date, and we’ve only just begun.
Our team is made up of a group of scrappy, solutions-oriented thinkers and doers who are passionate about transforming students’ paths to higher education for the better.
The ideal candidate is a growth-oriented, dynamic, and quantitative B2B marketing professional with 5+ years of experience managing B2B sales prospecting activities who can:
- Stand up the first marketing automation infrastructure for capturing inbound demand and manage (directly or through managed partners).
- Develop and implement high impact, multi-channel marketing strategies to generate demand, qualified leads, pipeline and bookings.
- Forecast and manage to marketing-driven sales goals.
- Develop and manage online and offline marketing campaigns to contribute to the RaiseMe marketing and sales targets.
- Manage the day-to-day execution, optimization and reporting of marketing campaigns from lead generation to nurture.
- Evaluate, recommend, test, and manage marketing channels/agency including assessing impact on the business, negotiating pricing/terms, and launching campaigns.
- Continually optimize marketing performance by deriving insights from campaign data, identifying actionable improvements, and executing on them.
- Partner with our cross-functional teams and brand marketers to build plans and deliver on content and collateral necessary to achieve our sales targets and align to company messaging and product positioning.
- Collaborate on strategy and plans for industry trade shows and events.
- Provide consistent weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting detailing campaign performance and the overall success metrics.
- Constantly monitor and tune the performance of the lead funnel, lead scoring engine and lead follow-up/conversion.
- Work closely with sales and partner operations to achieve pipeline and revenue goals.
This role will report directly into the VP of Marketing & Growth.
- 5 years experience managing B2B sales prospecting activities
- Proven track record of successfully launching and scaling marketing campaigns cost effectively with clear ROI focused metrics. Experience with both ABM and multi-touch attribution a plus.
- Experience leading the implementation and ongoing management of a marketing automation platform.
- A team player and self-starter that is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, taking initiative with limited resources, and making data-driven and decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work with and manage external vendor/partner relationships including negotiating contracts and terms.
- Thrive managing multiple assignments with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Experience in startups and/or education technology a plus.
- Able to build strategy and execute end-to-end on marketing programs; including program design, launch, and analysis.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including ability to work independently and as a team member, set priorities and organize work to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience directly managing a marketing automation platform such as Marketo or Hubspot.
- A metrics-driven and results-oriented approach with demonstrated analytical skills
- Excellent verbal communication, business writing, copywriting skills
- Solid understanding of B2B demand gen programs and lead lifecycles
- Able to create demand generation projections, calculate, and track key marketing metrics
- Direct experience with some or all of: SEO, PPC, Display, and Social Marketing
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Able to work with sales, engineering, product, and partner success teams
- Able to present to ideas and results to executives
What will success look like for you at RaiseMe?
- You have built a B2B marketing motion from the ground up, establishing RaiseMe’s inbound demand, ABM, and marketing automation framework.
- You have helped millions of students to achieve their potential and fulfill their college ambitions by bringing on more colleges to our platform. The product and company you have helped build transforms the way billions of dollars in financial aid are distributed each year.
- You have helped build a category-defining company and have an attractive equity stake.
- You have learned a ton, met amazing people, developed your skills, and had a life-shaping experience.
What are the other benefits?
Build and own the B2B marketing strategy for RaiseMe in this pivotal growth moment. Learn valuable skills by working in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team within a growing startup. Have an impact on the business and help build the future of ed-tech. Go to work every day knowing that you’re building a product that will narrow the achievement gap and enable more students to achieve their college and career ambitions.