San Francisco, CA
What would you do?
- Build awesome data products (e.g. recommendation systems, predictive models, and more!) that reinvent how students access aid for education.
- Explore, analyze, and visualize our unique database to provide insights to our team, partners, and the media.
- Develop and maintain ETL pipelines.
- Help recruit and build out the data science team over time.
What will success look like?
- You've created innovative products and features that have helped millions of students achieve their college and career ambitions.
- You've played an instrumental role in building and scaling a world-class data science team.
- You’ve learned a ton, met amazing people, developed your skills, and had a life-shaping experience.
This job is for you if you're:
- Mission-Driven: You want to use your talents to make the world a better place and you're in a rush to do it.
- Collaborative: You're a team player and open-minded when it comes to exploring new ideas with teammates to achieve shared goals.
- A Talented Communicator: You enjoy distilling the most complex machine-learning algorithms to its most basic idea.
What skills will you need?
- Ability to produce production-ready data products like recommendation systems and predictive models using Python or R (we use Python, including NumPy, pandas, SciPy, Matplotlib, Scikit-learn).
- Strong background in statistics and machine learning: an intuition for how to choose a model and tune parameters in supervised learning problems; creative approaches to handling missing data and generating new features; ability to distinguish the signal from the noise; understands how to objectively evaluate models.
- Experience writing efficient ETL pipelines and SQL queries (e.g. joins, subqueries, and debugging running queries; we use Postgres).
- Experience with analyzing and visualizing complex, multi-dimensional data for data scientists and software engineers.
- Nice-To-Haves: Unix, Git, AWS (S3, EC2, Redshift, RDS), MongoDB, Golang, Hadoop/Spark, Scala/Java, Ruby on Rails.
At RaiseMe, we're focused on ensuring that all students have the opportunity to achieve their college and career ambitions. We're looking for passionate, high-achievers who want to build a company that will help millions of students. If that's you, join our team!