Customer Support Specialist
What would you do?
- Run the RaiseMe external help desk (Zendesk), fielding all inquiries from students, educators, and other users
- Troubleshoot technical issues reported by users or coworkers, then collaborate with product and engineering teams to find and implement solutions
- Become a product expert who can answer questions about the site, identify user pain points, and bring creative solutions to the table
- Work with the product team to improve user engagement and satisfaction over time
- Work with marketing and growth to put out consistent, user-friendly messaging
- Keep the knowledge base (www.help.raise.me) updated, clear, and informative
- Proactively message users about updates, improvements, or alerts that affect them
- Have the opportunity to grow the Company’s support function as the scope of the role and/or volume of tickets increases
This job might be for you if you're:
- A Self-Starter: Driven, self-motivated, and ambitious, you’re enthusiastic about learning new things, brainstorming creative solutions, and achieving goals through any means necessary. You’re comfortable asking for help, but also happy to learn by trying, and see failure as an opportunity.
- An Expert Communicator: You can context switch quickly between various audiences -- you might interact with a student, an educator, or a parent, all within a few minutes. You know how to adjust tone, maintain professionalism, and sound genuine via email.
- A Top-Notch Multi-Tasker: Most of your days will be spent jumping between tickets, short- and long-term projects, meetings, and on-the-fly conversations. You should be organized enough to make sure it all gets done, but flexible enough to switch gears if something urgent comes up.
- Technically-Minded: Maybe you don’t write code, but you’ll try to read it. Maybe you don’t know SQL, but you’re ready to learn data analytics tools (like Chartio) and dive into the Zendesk Analytics Dashboard.
- Determined and Mission-Driven: As the voice of RaiseMe’s users, you’re always ready to advocate for them, bringing data and anecdotes to support your requests and product ideas. Your primary goal is to help users achieve their goals.
- A Humble Leader and Collaborator: You’re great at working collaboratively and bringing rationale and analytics to the table, but also comfortable making decisions in high-pressure situations, or creating new processes.
Who we are looking for:
For the Customer Support Specialist Role, we’re looking for someone with 1-3 years of experience in a user-facing support or service role. At least 6-12 months of help desk experience (e.g. Zendesk, HelpScout, Desk.com) is required. Applicants should be hungry to work in a fast-paced environment, entrepreneurial, and be comfortable and confident working with customers.
RaiseMe launched nationally in the fall of 2014 as a social enterprise focused on expanding access to higher education, especially among low-income and first-generation high school students, and has helped students earn $1 billion in scholarships for college. Starting as early as 9th grade, RaiseMe enables students to earn scholarships throughout high school as they meet the goals that best prepare them to succeed. Whether that’s getting good grades, volunteering in the community, or joining an extracurricular, on RaiseMe students are rewarded by colleges for being motivated, driven, and committed to success. Students at 1 out of 2 high schools across America have signed up to earn micro-scholarships from a diverse set of over 250 colleges and universities.