Business Development Intern
San Francisco (Or remote)
Business Development Intern
Based in San Francisco, CA (or remote), this is a paid internship that reports directly to the SVP of Business Development.
Who we are looking for:
For the Business Development Intern, we are looking for a rising undergraduate junior or senior. We are looking for candidates who are hungry to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment and who have excellent verbal and written communication skills. No direct business development or sales experience is required, just someone who is self-motivated, organized, eager to learn, and mission-driven.
What would you do?
- Work with senior executives at the company to launch a new student success tool
- Run calling campaigns to pilot users of the new tool and provide feedback to product team
- Identify new prospective college partners based on their history of commitment to student success
- Build a pipeline of prospective college partners, ensuring that Salesforce.com contains accurate account details and contact information for both partners and prospects
- Create plan for prospective college partner meetings based on research reports you have done on the institution; provide follow up proposals and analysis based on prospective partner needs
- Join calls and help adjust product marketing materials based on feedback from prospective partners
- Manage and respond to inbound requests from prospective or current partners in a timely manner
- Gather data on current, former, and prospective partners’ needs and relationship to the company and generate data-driven recommendations for Business Development strategy
- Join calls with executives from colleges across the country and build knowledge of student success and sales
This job might be for you if you are:
- A Doer: You are driven, self-motivated and a self-starter who brings your ideas to life and takes pride in results. You are resourceful and find ways to get things done regardless of the obstacles. You are not fearful of failure and realize that failure is often a step closer to figuring out what works. Taking on complex challenges excites you, even if you have to ask for help or spend some time figuring out where to begin.
- Organized: You are detail oriented and can handle having a variety of different projects on your plate at one time because you are good at keeping track of them. You can create structure for yourself to be most successful.
- A Talented Communicator: You are a “people person” who enjoys communicating with people and has a strong awareness of those around you. You are thoughtful about the ways you communicate and the impact that may have on a client. You have the ability to sense when a conversation is progressing in a positive or negative way and have the confidence to address concerns. When you are passionate about a cause, you are able to rally everyone around you.
- Confident but Self-Critical: You are confident in your skills and the quality of your work product. At the same time you are not afraid to ask for help and want to constantly be improving. You are looking for professional development and mentorship in order to reach your full-potential in your role.
- Mission-Driven: You want to use your talents to make the world a better place and you are in a rush to do it. You may have worked in education or edtech before or your desire to improve education may come through in other experiences from your life.
What will success look like for you at RaiseMe?
- You will have significantly contributed to growing the Business Development team’s network and database of potential partners.
- You have helped millions of students to achieve their potential and fulfill their college ambitions. The product and company you have helped build transform the way billions of dollars in financial aid are distributed each year.
- You have built strong relationships with senior leaders from top universities, corporations, and foundations across the country.
- You have helped build a category-defining company.
- You have learned a ton, met amazing people, developed your skills, and had a life-shaping experience.