12 Days Of Kindness: Student Spotlights
Introducing RaiseMe’s 12 Days Of Kindness
To recognize and celebrate the community service contributions of RaiseMe students across the country, RaiseMe is celebrating “12 Days of Kindness” as we head into the holiday season. Everyday, beginning today until December 22, we’ll feature a new student who has made a profound impact in their communities, and the micro-scholarships that they’ve earned for their achievements in high school.
Check out our student features here, including:
- Day 1: Yael S., a senior from Miami, FL who has spent time caring for zoo animals at her local zoo.
- Day 2: Andrew C., a senior from Shelton, CT who sells local handcrafted jewelry to benefit Nicaraguan communities in need.
- Day 3: Michael L., a senior from West Palm Beach who has lobbied in Washington D.C. on behalf of Girl Up, an organization dedicated to girls’ empowerment and leadership.
- Day 4: Abby T., a senior from Scottsdale who traveled to China to volunteer at a rural orphanage.
- Day 5: Michael M., a senior from Canton, O.H. who provided social and emotional therapy to refugee children.
- Day 6: Rachel S., a senior from Miami who used the gift of acting to raise awareness of issues facing teens today.
- Day 7: Luna A., a junior from Morristown, NJ who taught non-violence at a summer camp for children.
Check back everyday until December 22 to learn about our other student leaders!
To celebrate our #12DaysOfKindness, we’ve also taken a closer look at just how much community service students in high schools across the countries are doing in their path to college. Wondering where in the country some of the most compassionate students in the country live? Or how many community service hours students at each grade level have completed?